All this rushing does nothing to benefit this city.
And the agendas for the council meetings are another glaring example. To properly inform the public it takes most of a reasonable public meeting to introduce or pass one ordinance. We shove through three to five at a shot. No wonder everyone's exhausted and ready to answer yes to anything. Don't you think that hurts our ability to judge these matters?
 Maureen

In a message dated 8/5/2005 4:43:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com writes:
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:26:03 -0000
   From: "jerseyjohn99" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1373

actually BB, if you recall, the city always contended that Carabetta
lost the redevelopment rights when he failed to perform according to
the 1991 agreement. A federal mediator, former New York City deputy
mayor Milton Mollen, was appointed to mediate between Carabetta and
the city. During this mediation, the city heard proposals from at
least 7 developers.

The mediation was ongoing when the current city council took office
on July 1, 2001. They actually held a meeting with Ted Murnick on
7/29/01 to discuss redevelopment rights. On 8/2/01, MD Sass
announced that they had bought out Carrabetta's interest and
appointed themselves as redevelopers.

Speak up - It's America!!
Maureen Nevin
Restore Radio 88.1FM - "5" Years on the Radio!!

Asbury Park's Own Live Talk Show
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
Listen Live or Later on the Web http://www.restoreradio.com/