ATALAC48 and Sharon Boone:

If you want to continually paint Black people as being nothing more
than trampled upon victims, oppressed by racism and unable to help
themselves, then I suggest it is you that is hurting them, not
anyone else.  My view of American Blacks is quite different.

Since you inquired about my past, and wondered about my butlers,
maids, etc., I will fill you in correctly.

I was raised on Asbury's west side.  I was about 9 when the riots
occurred, and stayed right here while it occurred (where were you
two?). Considering where I was and the time frame, you are a tad off
about the butlers and maids.

For many years, I was the only white kid in my class. My view of
Black people today is shaped by my interactions back then.  As I
recall, the smartest kid in the class was black.  The nicest kid in
the class was black.  The kid with the wealthiest parents in the
class was black.  The best looking kid was black. The best-dressed
kid was black.  The most talented athlete was black.  The most
talented musician was black.  My view of American Blacks is, by
experience, very positive.  They were the dominant and admired
people in my neighborhood when I was growing up.

What I don't recall was any of these successful black people crying
about racism and claiming to be held down and oppressed.  They
excelled. They loved the American dream and worked it.

Asbury's 3 days of riots was not performed by a majority of Asbury
Park's black people.  It was a handful of lawbreakers, and most of
Asbury Park's black people wanted nothing to do with it.

My best recollection of that time was our black neighbors and
friends coming to our house during the riots.  Staying with us,
eating with us, sitting on our porch. Making sure we weren't the
target of lawbreakers just because we were white. It was a real show
of black/white solidarity against those few lawbreakers that were
wrecking the City. A positive story of Black civility that you won't
read in the AP Press.

The Asbury Park Press will only tell stories where black people look
like thugs out committing crimes.  My recollection of Asbury Park
black people is much nicer, and far more accurate.

If you want to join the Press in portraying Black people as wild
animals, or as you protray them - some poor lot consumed by racism
who don't have the guts to help themselves, be my guest. Lump
everyone together as if they don't have their own minds.

But I ask you - who among us is actually the racist?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> boone37
>  It's no need in wasting your breath with blue bishop. He is
indeed an
> arrogant, unsophisticated,know nothing individual. He is behind
the times,and has
> no real awareness of other peoples plight. A person like  him is
dangerous. So
> you can only feel sorry for the poor misguided man,  if that's
what he is. We
> know the plight of the people, and not just ours.  Racism flows in
both ways.
> What need to be done is the education of our  people, i mean the
real facts
> about our people, not just from the slavery  aspect.Our children
need to know
> their true history and worth. We were  KINGS & QUEENS on this
earth, while a
> few were still in caves(no  offence). Racism is the ignorance of
the nature of a
> people, and fear that  these people will rise back to the position
that they
> held before.It all  has to go back to where it came from, just
like
> fashion.They know it, and  that's why some struggle so hard to
keep us back.Whenever
> there is  period where the people start educating themselves, they
push another
> drug  on the market so as to rock you back to sleep for another 10
or 20 yrs.
> It's ben proven. Now we are at the point where a lot of the youth
think  their
> only way out is selling drugs or taking drugs. It's a sad
situation,  but
> nonetheless, straight out genocide. mental genocide with physical
impressions.We
> have to teach our own, and teach them true history, and not  have
us
> worshipping the forefathers who never gave a damn about us as
black people. The
> education system is still playing games with our youth.  They make
us think
> mcdonalds is a good job, they work there to, but in a  few months,
they are managers,
> then owners. Education is the key.We  definitely need to teach our
own
> history. The curicullum in schools now  are passe.That's why the
children don't care
> about going, nothing to spark  their interest. I took a business
management
> course ,and during the  history part of it, this teacher had the
audacity to
> tell the class, no  black people were here before columbus.
Terrible hunh? But
> these are the  conditions we subject our children to.All that
negative rap,
> it's absurd.  They know how to keep up with those nasty words
better than they
> know  their abc's. So a lot of it is our fault to. But the part
that belongs to
> the others, we definitely have to fight.We can't let them or
ourselves  keep
> us at the bottom of the rung.
>    Peace.
> p.s. And those racist who call us n----s, they have to understand