--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> JJ:
>
> Yahoo gives AP to NY in 68 minutes.  That's about right, isn't it?

You know, they may be talking about the border of NYC. The closest part
of NYC to Asbury is Staten Island (I drive it several times a week). If
you want to just get to the border (the other side of the Outerbridge)
that could take you 30 minutes with light traffic. Traveling into
Staten Island could take another 10-20 minutes depending where you are
going. If you want to go to Manhattan right up the NJ Turnpike, the
closet would the Holland Tunnel. Even in light traffic and not going
over 70 mph, 68 minutes would be the best. I guess they do it by the
mileage and use the speed limits on the roads. If we are talking about
the 2-3 hour windows of rush hour, you have to double those times.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM