--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Talk about your strawmen - no one said that.  The point is from the
> plan, the MOU, Duany's comments,etc. we do know EXACTLY WHAT THE
> PLAN IS!!!

The assumption is that the 'Plan/Deal' that we have on the table was
arrived at through a proper, above board, legal process.

I submit to you that it was not, and that's what should have a lot
of people up in arms. Put on your attorney hat and ponder the
following:

Held up at the bankruptcy were the "redevelopment rights". That right
by law was to implement the adopted plan in effect at the time, the
1991 redevelopment plan. That plan specified land uses, zoning,
densities, eminent domain issues, etc.

A party comes to the bankruptcy and purchases those redevelopment
rights. He is buying the rights and obligation spelled
out in the adopted 1991 plan.

Also drafted is a contract, the MOU, which violates the 1991
redevelopment plan in effect at the time. This is where things went
wrong. One example of many - The blocks along Wesley Lake were zoned
for corporate conference/exhibition space. The MOU says those blocks
will be condos.

This is a basic violation of land use law. A redevelopment contract
must be consistant with and impliment the adopted plan. In
purchaseing the redevopment rights one was purchasing the right to
build conference/exhibition space in conformance with the plan. Not
condos.

A contract can not modify a land use plan, the plan is the governing
instrument. Unless or until the plan is modified it is the law. One
can not then point to the MOU and say to hell with the zoning in
place and use it to justify a land use change.

Doing so violates the public trust and land use law. The plan comes
first then the contract to impliment the plan. In our case a contract
was entered into first and a plan built around it.

Fishman walked away from the bankruptcy table with more than what was
up for consideration. Just compare the MOU with the 1991 plan. That's
not to say the plan could not have been changed later, but is was
changed to conform to a pre-arranged contract. BIG RED FLAGS should
have gone up at the time.

What's your legal opinion on this?

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM