Werner asks:

"What's your legal opinion on this?"

It's about time I told you, friend.  The parties to a contract are
free to amend it once, twice or a million times if they bilaterally
agree to do so. They can throw the whole thing out and start over if
they bilaterally agree to do so.

You premise many of your arguments by stating that the
MOU "violated" the 1991 agreement.  You seem frustrated that no one
joins you in your outrage over that.  The truth is there is
no "violation."  If there were such a thing, you could stop the
redevelopment now.

Sorry to break this to you, but one of your main objections is
legally incognizable.  You have to let that one go.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> > Talk about your strawmen - no one said that.  The point is from
the
> > plan, the MOU, Duany's comments,etc. we do know EXACTLY WHAT THE
> > PLAN IS!!!
>
> The assumption is that the 'Plan/Deal' that we have on the table
was
> arrived at through a proper, above board, legal process.
>
> I submit to you that it was not, and that's what should have a lot
> of people up in arms. Put on your attorney hat and ponder the
> following:
>
> Held up at the bankruptcy were the "redevelopment rights". That
right
> by law was to implement the adopted plan in effect at the time,
the
> 1991 redevelopment plan. That plan specified land uses, zoning,
> densities, eminent domain issues, etc.
>
> A party comes to the bankruptcy and purchases those redevelopment
> rights. He is buying the rights and obligation spelled
> out in the adopted 1991 plan.
>
> Also drafted is a contract, the MOU, which violates the 1991
> redevelopment plan in effect at the time. This is where things
went
> wrong. One example of many - The blocks along Wesley Lake were
zoned
> for corporate conference/exhibition space. The MOU says those
blocks
> will be condos.
>
> This is a basic violation of land use law. A redevelopment
contract
> must be consistant with and impliment the adopted plan. In
> purchaseing the redevopment rights one was purchasing the right to
> build conference/exhibition space in conformance with the plan.
Not
> condos.
>
> A contract can not modify a land use plan, the plan is the
governing
> instrument. Unless or until the plan is modified it is the law. One
> can not then point to the MOU and say to hell with the zoning in
> place and use it to justify a land use change.
>
> Doing so violates the public trust and land use law. The plan
comes
> first then the contract to impliment the plan. In our case a
contract
> was entered into first and a plan built around it.
>
> Fishman walked away from the bankruptcy table with more than what
was
> up for consideration. Just compare the MOU with the 1991 plan.
That's

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM