--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Don't buy into the Welfare statement! New Orleans is a large City
comparable in size to NYC. It has one of the most efficient rapid
transit systems in the United States! Many residents don't own a car
like New Yorkers because, YOU DON'T NEED ONE! The buses run every 5
MINUTES! Cabs have METERS in them! Ask AP how rapid or convenient or
affordable, is this system run by NJ transit? You just can't beleive
a city run by Blacks FOR Blacks, is that efficient, huh? Well, it is,
which is why the Mayor was so upset that the FEDS didn't come in,
when asked. Washington knew 7 days in advance, that a major hurricane
was going to hit the Gulf coast! Going up the chain of command, the
governor did contact the FEDS. They IGNORED HER! She called the
President on Wednesday, as a last resort! She, not Nagin, is the
governor. You all seem to have inherent racism, built in to your
psyche, so you just can't imagine a city being WELL-run by a
minority, where the minority is the MAJORITY! All you can see is a
black face out of control, a screaming, crying, white WOMAN! Wait
until the emergency is over and the TRUTH comes out! My sister left
New Orleans for Houston, on 8/26/05, Saturday! They WERE told!

> First of all, and i heard this on TV and not sure if it is true,
the
> resident were not told to evacuate in a timely manner. If all the
> residents had the ways and means to leave, the infrastructure would
> not have been able to handle it. It would have been one big parking
> lot.
> Knowing it is the end of the month and also that most residents
live
> paycheck to paycheck, You don't just tell them to evacuate, you
have
> to aid them in the evacuation. Supply transportation to get the
> residents out.Transport them to a safe area to ride out the storm.
> They had concerns about the roof of the Superdome before they
> seltered the residents there.
> Coming across the Gulf the hurricane was a catagory 5. The
officials
> knew the levees were built to withstand a catagory 3. So they were
> aware that the levees could be compromised and unfortunately and
> sadly they were.
> After that sonny boy vacationed in Crawford and went to a party in
> Ca. without giving any thought to the victims in the Gulf states.
> Just a side note. Al Sharpton just took the press to task,as you
> have been doing, told them to stop calling the
survivors "refugees".
> I'm not to crazy about the guy all the time but at least he is
never
> afraid to set anyone straight. I'm now glad that Kanye was cut off
> on the show last night. Because they did it has been all over the
> press & net.Now everyone knows what he said not just the ones
> viewing the show.MSNBC,NBC etc. should be ashamed of themselves for
> cutting he off but now I say thank you. <:~)
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon G. Boone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > The local and state officials completely failed in the pre-
storm
> > > evacuations etc. The federal gov. failed post-storm. <:-(

> > STORM
> > > HIT
LEAVE
> > THE
> > > CITY  OUT

> need
> > > work

> > Not living there now, the Governor is in Baton Rouge, the State
> > Capitol. I wouldn't expect her to be in New Orleans or any
> outlying
> > Parish during the height of the storm. Remember, the storm by-
> passed
> > New Orleans. It was the levee that burst, that inundated the City,
> > the
> > day AFTER the storm. The Mayor has a storm headquarters WITHIN the
> > city
> > but can't control a levee break, especially when the feds told
him
> > kiss their ass, when they refused 2 YEARS IN A ROW, for needed
> funds.
> > The Army Corp of Engineers, a Federal Flood Mamagement Team like
> the
> > Tennessee Valley Authority, is in charge of the levees, NOT the
> City!
> > It's a part of the Emergency Management. I haven't lived there in
> 35
> > years, yet you want ME to be the expert for you, but because I
> LISTEN
> > and I READ, you want ME to be EINSTEIN, when YOU PEOPLE who are
> > natives
> > of NEW JERSEY, don't even know your OWN laws and regulations!
Spare

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM