Jesus never counted on Government(s) for anything.  Exactly my
point.  He walked everywhere he went, never blaming or complaining.
Even on one occasion he rode upon a donkey... on that day he was
heralded such as a King would be.  One week later the same mob
screamed at him and spit at him as they declared to the
Government "Crucify Him!"

Thanks for prooving my point for me.

Kevin Brown

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> ability to choose from people.  Fact is many chose to stay behind
and
> unfortunately they suffered for it."
>
> Pardon me for not buying into the notion that the poor "even the
> addicted… were always the ones with the greatest mobility",
> notwithstanding the mobility society provides them courtesy of the
> paddy wagon.  Rev you claim to be a man of god, maintain that the
poor
> are among those having the "greatest mobility" and absolve a
president
> of all responsibility for his failure to perform one of his highest
> duties, to save people and maintain order in a disaster.
>
> I have a vague recollection that Jesus worked for and walked among
> lepers, the poor and destitute, that money and wealth had no
influence
> over him; somehow I can't fathom the Jesus you praise tolerating,
much
> less letting off the hook a rich boy whose highest order of business
> is further enrichment of the obscenely rich and who when presented
the
> choice to spend a small sum to repair a levee that threatened
hundreds
> of thousands, chose to spend those funds on the bottomless pit of
his
> Iraqi folly.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 9/4/2005 4:48:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> > AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com writes:
> >
> > "Some  people blamed the President for not responding to the
needs of
> > the people  who elected not to evacuate before the storm hit."
> >
> > Rev KeV, perhaps you  can enlighten the "people who elected not to
> > evacuate" and us as to how  people without automobiles were to
pack up
> > their families and belongings,  and move several hundred miles to
what?

> > We get that you're a true blue  (or is that red) republican,
likely
> > have personally heard the word of god  and no doubt preach that
your
> > particular god will help anyone that helps  themselves; but all
that
> > begs the question, should the "people who elected  not to
evacuate"
> > have robbed a bank so as to obtain the funds necessary to  help
> themselves?
> >

> > Public transportation was working before the storm.  I am sure
> their were
> > emergency services available to assist people to comply...  if
not
> than they
> > should consider this before it happens again.  My point is,  no
one
> person is at
> > fault here.  Certainly not the President.
> >
> > SKIP really I am surprised at you...  I am not blue nor red.
Been
> both, and
> > see the error of their ways.
> >
> > I hear from God as regularly as any man or woman tuned in.  I
wish I
>  heard
> > clear enough to have warned some folks in The Gulf area about what
> was to
> > happen, before it happenned.  But I ask you, even if God showed me
> ahead of  time.
> > like he showed Noah, how many do you think would have
said; "Thank You
> > Brother Brown, let me get out of here now!"  and how many do you
> think  would have
> > laughed at me? (at the very least)
> >
> > As far as the Doctrine of God helps those that helps
themselves... I

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM