>... The original issue is
> the rumour that C-8 may be torn down. It is clear that if that is
> so it cannot be built to its exisitng bulk. That would likely
> result in a request for an amendment to the plan.

You, and others, keep refering to the potential need for an amendment
to the plan. That exactly are you thinking would be the deviation?
The plan accounts for both options, build out or build new. Neither
would trigger an amendment.

> In the case of C-8, I guess only time will tell, however, based
> upon the budgeted amount for steel, which $18 million and comes
> to $50-$70 a buildable foot, that seems like an awlful lot of
> steel for "partial demolition."

How are you calculating this? The $18M (if correct) is not just for
partial demolition/reconstruction. The currently existing tower needs
to be finished to 16 floors, the second tower needs to be built to 10
floors, the "floors" themselves need to be installed, etc, etc.

... All I am saying is that if in fact an amendment is
> requested which puts more money in someone's pocket, it is
> about thime the City asks for some of that money in return.
> A developer only asks for an amendment because it increases its
> profit. Its all a dollar and cents game whether in sale prices,
> more area, cost or time. Let's not fool oursleves.

I'm on the same page regarding this issue !

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM