--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This article gives a very simple version of what happened at that
meeting.

> Dan Sciannameo did a great job explaining why the June 5, 2002
Plan should
> be followed.
> At the meeting Councilmen Johnson, Keady, and Lofferdo seem to be
very
> concern.
> Does anybody even care if C-8 is rebuilt or should the new
buildings on  that
> block conforms with the June 5, 2002 Plan.

Gerry, for the record, I hope the Esperanza gets built. That is not
what is at issue here. What is is legality and possible fraud. I did
not start this. I can't make believe that I did not see the corpse
in the closet. I did and I must say it. If, as I now suspect, that
it was NJDEP that required the additional language about demolishing
C-8, that explains why the Developer put it in the June plan. That
also conforms to the Cty's story that it did not request the
language. What it does not explain however, is whether the wrong
plan was given to NJDEP intentionally, and if not, why, when Aaron
told the Developer that the June plan could not be adopted, the
Developer did not inform NJDEP. It also doesn;t answer why when the
City knew it was the wrong plan that it did not contact NJDEP.
That's why I claim credit for it the other night, not to be
boastful, but not to let it appear as if the city approached NJDEP
on its own. That was how it was being conveyed and was not how it
happened. Finally, if NJDEP did require that language, they should
not let the CAFRA permit stand without having that language, which
the adopted plan does not according to the city. To have it in
there, the plan has to go back to the Planning Board. They all
brought this on themselves. I am not persecuting them or trying to
stop development regardless of what Nancy Shields puts n her
editorials. She was given the scoop on this before and could have
broke the story but didn't. It is what it is. No spin.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM