Hi All,

I'm 100% FOR getting an Official Domestic Partners Act for the GLBT
Community here in Asbury & NJ!

However, I am TOTALLY Unhappy with the Way the NY Gays have Formed an
"Unholy Alliance" with the Redevelopers, and are Purposely HELPING to
Gentrify the Minorities, PARTICULARLY the Afro-Americans OUT of Asbury
Park!

The latest figures, which show that at LEAST 2,100 Poor People have
ALREADY been forced OUT of the City, most being "Transplanted" out of
the County or even the State, with the Greatest "Help" coming from Eve
Silver, the "Relocation Officer" in Asbury Park, show an ALARMING
trend as to what's REALLY Happening here!

Our Population has gone DOWN from 17,500 in 2,000, to 16,390 TODAY, a
Decrease in Population of @ 1,110! Add to that a Highly Conservative
number of 1,000 People who have moved IN, and you get the 2,100 that
have been "Evicted" out of Asbury Park by these hate Mongers who ONLY
care about their "Real Estate and Business Values"!

The Leaders of this out and out ATTACK on the Poor, particularly the
Afro-Americans, in my Opinion, seems to be John Loffredo, people like
Donna Juliano (President of the Merchant's Guild), the Mayor (Yes),
James Bruno and the City Manager, Terrence Reidy!  All of these People
are 100% Supporting Asbury Partners in EVERYTHING they DO and get!

Keep in mind that the Latest Attack on the Population of Asbury Park
has been the city's UTTER REFUSAL to even ATTEMPT to keep their
Promise that they made THREE Years Ago to arrange that 20% of the
Construction Jobs go TO Asbury Park Residents & Contractors!

I personally was OUT to both the Paramount and Westminster
Construction Sites, and as far as I could see, not ONE Asbury Park
Resident was working at EITHER Site! I went to James Famularo,
Assistant City Manager about the Problem, and mysteriously, I just
noticed yesterday that the Elite Contractors Workers were GONE!
Carlos, the Site Manager there had told me that in his Contract, NO
Mention was even MADE of hiring ANY Asbury Park Residents at ALL!

It's bad enough that the City has REFUSED to enact a rent Control
Ordinance, and the Rents for a One Bedroom have gone from @ $550 per
month to $875 per month in THREE years! It's bad Enough that there's
NO serious Plan for ANY meaningful amount of Affordable Housing for
the Poor ........ OR Middle Class People here in the City!

But NOW, they won't even Let the People of the City WORK!  There are
Thousands of Jobs coming in, albeit by a Trickle, maybe, but SO Far,
NO One from the City has benefited BY it. Oh, except for the Slave
Laborers who were "Lucky Enough" to get to tear apart the Boardwalk
....Which is OVER Now!

And I Personally MET many Times with Dr. McCombs in 2004, and there
WERE Plans to "Fast Track" Asbury's Minority Residents into the Unions
working on the Redevelopment! Evidently, those Plans have now been
CANCELLED, and Dr. McCombs is rarely even SEEN in the City Anymore! I
was told BY Dr. McCombs last year, that he'd be "In Asbury Park at
LEAST Three Days per week", but his Office is now Empty MOST of the Time!

Well, he's getting his Money, I guess! So now "On to Greener Pastures"
for Dr. McCombs!

So, with NO Jobs, NO Rent Control and NO Affordable Housing .... What
WILL Happen to the REST of the Minorities ... The ones still HERE?

YOU put two and two Together and tell ME, OK?

Steve

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Boone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Skip:
>   Love you, man! Thanks for the "heads up"!
>
> Sharon Boone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     You can say that again!
>
> Skip Bernstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   "We should ALL PUSH for a
Domestic Partners Act in the NJ LegislationÂ…
> [...]
> it's number one, the best, the greatest, the most noble and freest,
> then without pausing to take a breath denies its citizens rights,
> freedoms and worse a political structure for individual empowerment
> and change; that nation treads on dangerous ground.
>
> This country appears to fear a free and educated citizenry; it
> incarcerates citizens at the highest per capita rate in the western
> and perhaps the entire world, it is supremely niggardly with basic
> health care and seems increasingly to exist solely to maximize
> individual economic wealth.
>
> That one county in NJ found a loophole to screw an employee out of
> domestic partnership benefits because "it would not be "moral" to give
> such benefits to a same-sex couple" is but standard operating
procedure.

> I'm sure the county will sleep more soundly giving that money to one
> of its hacks.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "tuufineforu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Skip and all members of this group,
> > Happy Thanksgiving to All of You.
> > Just a comment on this; We should ALL PUSH for a Domestic Partners
> > Act in the NJ Legislation, just for the reasons, asserted here! Until
> > one, states, what their life-style is, in the workplace or whatever,
> > those who are blatently homophobic, turn a "blind eye", to the
> > concerns of our Gay Community. Same goes for straight couples
> > who "live together", rather than marry for reasons of thier own.  In
> > a state where "pay to play", is an understatement, if this is trly
> > a "free" country, than the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of
> > so-called happiness, is still not an option.  Not just in Ocean
> > county, but the other 20 counties of the 21, that comprise NJ, should
> > ALL given individuals who are living their private lives, privately,
> > should be just that; to designate who they want their benefits to
> > include, thier pensions, when built up, to be left to whomever they
> > choose, etc. I am in a union for 36 years. I am in a heterosexual
> > marriage, of my own choosing, but feel, for those who aspire to be
> > with someone THEY love of the same sex, or heterosexual unions, but
> > unmarried, is an individuals' perogative.  I am also Roman Catholic,
> > so you know that I am doomed, to be called a deviant "sinner"! So
> > what? It's not the worse thing, I've been called.  Just wanted our
> > Gay, Lesbian community to know, that I HEAR you! Just tell me what
> > you want and I'll do the letters, phone calls, faxes and emails to
> > these people who run the government here. I do Legislation for
> > Veterans causes, let me do it for you. Send me an offline email to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] All I have, is time. I have the info here, at
> > home from the Insurance Council of New Jersey. They publish a
> > Legislative Directory each year. They are located at 820 Bear Tavern
> > Road, Suite 303, Ewing, NJ 08628-1021, (609)882-4400, fax-(609)538-

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM