Interesting that what Skip brought up comes full circle, that the
character of Shylock, is the label for much of what goes on in the
Sopranos. A negative label for Jews eventually becomes a negative
stereotype for Italian Americans, of course, because the act was
practised by some.

I post an interesting link on the play and a clarification of the
passage I posted previously. That passage alone would make you think
Ole Will was sympathetic to Jews. He was to a degree, but ultimately
propagates negative Jewish stereotypes and makes Shylock a villain.

Before anyone else says it; isn't this site about Asbury Park?

http://gvanv.com/compass/arch/v1405/bronstn.html