--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <wernerapnj@>
> wrote:

You are 100% correct some people don't get it and never will. The May
election were a victory for the council, the plan and the future.
They live in the past.
City services are better the streets are cleaner, police arrest are
up now that we have a real leader. Tahe my $500,000 house drop it in
Ocean Twp. taxes would be more but you will have a good school system.

> To use a phrase from a popular movie - "You can't handle the truth"
>

> > - Terry Weldon had no credentials to be a City Manager.
> > - The 'New Council' had no experience with redevelopment.
>
> Thomas Jefferson had no experience in writing a Declaration of
> Independence and James Madison had no experience in writing a
> Constitiution when we asked them to do it. If Werner was in charge
> in 1776 he would have told them both they weren't right for the job.
>
> > - The 'Deal' has been attributed to the work of Terry Weldon.
>
> Alot of others too. So what if it was?  The deal is good.
>
> > - The Deal violated the existing 1991 redevelopment plan.
>
> I guess you aren't yet ready to be an Appellate Division Judge
> because they have upheld the deal.  Plus, the 1991 plan was dead in
> Connecticut until the New Council got it out of there.
>
> > - The City had no City Planner on staff at the time.
>
> In house staff is no better than outside staff.  We had Duany.
>
> > - The City's Historical Society was critical of the process.
>
> The City's Historical Society was/is a joke.  I challenged them
> years ago in a column to write historical standards for
perservation
> in Asbury Park.  Their response to me:  "Do it yourself." As long
as
> they aren't serious about preservation, who cares what they think?
>
> > - A Council member took over the Historical Society.
>
> Nothing wrong with that.
>
> > - A 'New Plan' was written to make the 'Deal' work.
>
> The world changed since 1991. A new plan was definately needed.
>
> > - The New Developer has no development experience.
>
> See Jefferson and Madison, above.  Besides, MD Sass, despite
certain
> people's perceptions, has a lengthy resume in saving troubled
> projects like Asbury Park's project.
>
> > - The public did not like the 'Deal' or 'New Plan'
>
> Certain candidates who didn't like the Plan made the last election
> referendum on the Plan.  The people voted for the Plan in a
> landslide.  There is my empirical polling data to back up my
> assertion.  Where's yours?
>
> > - Andres Duany was hired to be a mediator/planner.
>
> He was hired to assist the City as a planner and negotiator.
>
> > - Andres Duany had no credentials to do 'Planning' in NJ.
>
> Dan S has no credentials to do apprasial work in NJ, yet no one has
> a problem relying upon his words abut AP. Why not the same respect
> for Duany? The truth is Werner licensure is not a perfect test of
> talent.  Even without a license Dan can get approval to do work on
> case in New Jersey or any other state, based upon his talents.
Even
> though I passed the bar in 2 states, I could do a case in any state
> without a license there by making a simple application.  Same is
> true of Duany.  Don't overstate the importance of licensure.
>
> > - Weldon delared the City Historian Persona-non-Grata.
>
> The City Historian position was created by Butch Saunders, a
> convicted felon.  If your assertion is the Redevelopment Plan is
> tainted because Weldon is a felon, does the same rule apply to say
> your position as City Historian was tainted?  To say otherwise is
> apply rules to others that you don't apply to yourself.
>
> It was a volunteer, part-time position Werner. It wasn't an
> appointment to the President's cabinet. You have to put it in
> perspective.
>
> > - City staff was not asked for input in a timely manner.
>
> Since when in America do we rely upon bureaucracy rather than
> elected officials?  Let's have some respect for Democracy here.
>
> > - State agencies were not asked for input in a timely manner.
>
> Oh the state... You mean the guys that run such well oiled machines
> as the DMV?  You mean the guys that managed to double our state
> deficit in the same 4 years that 15 other states got rid of
theirs?
> Better for us that we didn't ask their advice.
>
> > - Many of Duany's recommendations had to be changed.
>
> Proof of a well vetted and open process.  No one got to rubber
stamp
> anything.
>
> > - The Planning Board rejected many parts of the Deal and New Plan.
> > - The Council said too bad, we have an Memorandum of
Understanding.