--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The opinion maker, unfortunately, is the Abury Park Press.  They
> couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that the default in this
> limited situation was good not bad.
>
> You think they'll take the time to sort out the nuances of what
you
> point out below? Once they hear the 2002 plan is no longer, they
won't
> simply explain we have the 91 plan.  They'll treat it like a nuke
went
> of in the middle of Asbury and every bank and investor will run
for
> cover.

Well that's if it is left to its own devices and why there are first
class PR firms. APP is not the only newspaper (NYT). Also, that
would only have to come out if Partners was pigheaded. If it was
convinced the city would do it, Partners would sit down and
renegotiate. We cannot let the future of this city be shaped by the
fear of what APP may or may not print or what others would think.
What is worse, dealing with it up front or having this drag out for
years and years? It is not going to end good in any instance. Might
as well bite the bullet. I wish Partners would do the right thing
but it is not in their makeup. The sooner the governing body
realizes this the better we all will be.