Yes, but there were MANY conflicting interests, and they were able
to hammer out a beautiful redevelopment, housing density, commercial
activity, and a brand spanking new Route 18 to bring "day-trippers"
there.

It may have been coincidental that the redevelopment worked, but I
personally think DevCo inspired an "honor among thieves" mentality.

Of course, 15 years from now Terry Weldon may be hailed as a
visionary genius as well. I guess the winners will get to write the
history of Asbury Park too.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Easy Skip.
> Check out the landholdings of Mr. Lynch and his predecessor Mayor
Mulligan.