ASBURY PARK — People call it a white elephant, underused, sterile —
one of the all-time pork barrel projects.......
...to talk about a new county Planning Board study funded with an
$80,000 federal grant...Cost estimates for a range of improvements
over 10 years — including lighting, a new parking garage, a new
walkway above the tracks, and landscaping — were from $5 million to
$10 million, planning consultants said.....said Kenneth Lin, project
manager from STV, the transportation planning consultants who
received $50,000 to do the study..
Now, there is only an underground tunnel that can be isolated and
scary. A typical overpass with an elevator runs $2 million to $3
million, Lin said.

Let's talk pork:

1. $80,000 to figure out a problem that was known before it was
built. I'll ask BB to recall back - buses can't pull in, LB got the
electric to stop there, the tunnel was bad back then, the division of
east and west was an issue.

2. $50k for a consultant. (all the council has to do is read this
board for free - we all have the answers...)

3. $2-$3million for a bridge over the tracks. Tell them this, I will
personally drive someone from oneside of the tracks to the other in a
mercedes. I figure I can do this for anywhere from 15-33 years -
depending if I do the driving or hire out.

4. — were from $5 million to $10 million, planning consultants
said..... Nice range.