Sure jump on the bandwagon of more bad planning. Destroy what little
is left of the City's downtown/main street character. What are the
costs of this idea in total concept? Physical and social?

Re: Police: all they need to do is WALK the downtown to make it
safer. Hire clean-up personal that wear a uniform and carry radios on
the police channel.

Re: Offices: That's what the downtown is/was. Why displace municipal
functions away from downtown under the guise of needing office space
when the DT is full of vacant buildings?

I was really concerned when I heard the rumor of wanting to relocat
City Hall. Bad planning that most ignorant folks will support just
because it's "something to do". Instead of looking at what the real
problems are.

Werner

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Great idea.  Move the municipal complex.  It is an eyesore and sit
on property too valuable.  Lets face it all the services need updated
space.  I would not worry about moving these services since they will
still be within one mile of the entire town.  Placings a second
firehouse in the town would only burden more costs.  If the twon was
4 miles wide, I could understand.

>   The issue with Cookman is due to the lack of police presence.
Makes no difference where the stataion is, unless it is placed on
cookman, but people need to see the police.  At times I have seen
them driving the streets but this needs to be a regular thing!

>   Now here is what the city needs to do with the property.  Office
buildings.  This town needs places for people to work.  Located by
cookman so it helps support the stores and by the trian.  Office
Buildings!