BB: particularly section 8 landlords...

Having placed a few Section 8 tenants into housing, I've heard the
stories. Many Section 8 tenants are simply in one big vacumn - they
can't get out. Some are there for other reasons - drugs, abuse,
education etc. I'm a softy - If the landlord wants to accept them,
I'll place them. I could do that all day, everday - if there was
enough housing for them.
Some of these people son't want the money - just a home and they will
do anything (legal) to get off. Others, were brought up in the system
and know exactly how it works - what to say, to do etc. It's a fairly
easy system to follow.

As for Section 8 Landlords, you have have a number of people involved:
1. The tenant. (some care, some don't, some simply have no clue)
2. The landlord. (some care, some don't, some own houndreds)
3. The county Section 8 inspector (verifies a house is habitable and
most are tough)
4. City inspectors (over whelmed)
5. Police Department
6. Social Services.

Who is the biggest slumlord in M. County. The County. BB, have
someone from county S. Services take you to where they stick some
people in a 1 room motel - with kids, toys you name it. Makes you
sick that this is America. But they simply have no choice.

I don't recall the caseload in M. County, but there are not enough
homes - not enough landlords):

I've made this argument before, as home values increase (and taxes),
it no longer pays for an investor to hold onto an investment home if
the equity could be put to use elsewhere. Therefore, there will be
less homes available for rent - win win for the "neighborhood"
groupies. The math is simple.