> I've made this argument before, as home values increase (and taxes),
> it no longer pays for an investor to hold onto an investment home if
> the equity could be put to use elsewhere. Therefore, there will be
> less homes available for rent - win win for the "neighborhood"
> groupies. The math is simple.

I thought so too, but I have been perplexed by recent purchases here in
AP east of Main where they paid good money and lo and behold, section 8
again.

I have talked to the police chief about this. The same laws that give
them power to seize a vehicle can be used to seize real estate.
Landlords cannot let their buildings become havens for criminals. They
need to ask the police's help in getting them out. Good landlords do.