The best way to get a handle on the prostitution in your neighborhood is to
call the police.  Don't call the 911 number as it takes to long.  Use the
direct dial number for the Asbury Park Police Department:  732-774-1033.

They will respond!

From: Hinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon Jul 10 13:08:46 CDT 2006
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [AsburyPark] Fighting Prostitution in my neighborhood

I recently moved to AP to a beautiful home 1 block away from Kingsley
on  1st Ave. I truely love my new home, but there are several things
that take place in my neighborhood that are a bit disturbing. Before I
discuss this, i'm not attempting to start a fight, rather i'm trying
to help solve a problem.
It seems that my neighborhood is an active market for the prostitutes
that live in AP. On a daily basis, I see the same handful of women
soliciting on my street and quite often directly in front of my home
at all hours of the day. Last Thursday, upon coming home from work, I
pulled up in front of my home to find one of them leaning in front of
a tree, and she assumed I was pulling over for her, so she approaced
me and asked "What's Up" I've encountered this person before, and
she's even take a liking to my dog, but the fact is she appears to be
doing her biz in order to get money to fund her drug habit. At the end
of my street is a group of mostly abandoned bungaloos that was
recently boarded up because they were being used for this activity,
but despite the lack of access, this weekend I still saw people
sneaking in and out of one of the porches to do their business.
I truely feel for these people...and I just can't understand how this
long term problem continues to thrive in my neighborhood.
Every morning, my front yard is littered with discarded liquor
bottles, empty drug bags, occasional puke and the other day a
discarded womens sanitary pad covered in blood.
Now, here's the point of this topic. AP is doing great in building new
condos in my neighborhood, and I truely applaud all of the efforts to
bring back our town to it's former glory. I fear that a clash of
culture is on the horizon, where new residents are dismayed, like
myself, by these activities. If I were a prospective home buyer in AP,
and I drove in thru this corridor, i'd be somewhat worried if I saw
this, and I must say it's quite obvious.
I wonder if AP has a plan to deal with this. Please understand, I just
moved here, and i'm not completely informed on what's going on in our
town, and these are merely my observations.
Finally, I want to mention the effect all this has on the lovely park
up the street. I believe it's called Library...or Liberty Park.
I often walk my dog there, and the central area of the park is
frequented by these same people, and it's not uncommon to see people
sitting on the benches in the middle doing something questionable, and
they leave an incredible mess behind, ranging from discared drug
paraphenalia, to bloody band-aids and tons of litter. Even worse, the
other day while walking past a beautiful old tree, I was disgusted to
see a huge pile of human shit at the base of the tree.
I know that this is all part of the long term fabric of AP, and I'm
wondering what all of us AP loving citizens can do about this in a
safe manner, and as I mentioned above, does AP have a plan to combat
these problems?

Michael W. Brim
321 Sunset Ave. 5F
Asbury Park NJ 07712