--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Werner, I both respect and appreciate your comments.

Thank You.

> I only recently moved to Asbury, and I honestly never thought of
myself as being an
> activist of any sort. Since moving here and getting a taste of the
way things happen, I
> found myself more and more compelled to speak my voice, and get
involved anyway I can.

Asbury Park has a way of grabbing you if you let it. By all means, we
need more people to get directly involved. Be careful though it has
driven more that one person mad :-)

> I've never been to a council meeting and I definitely want to
attend one.
> I love Asbury.

Come to every meeting you can. Council, Planning Board, Zoning Board
in particular. Only then will you begin to see what really goes on.

> I grew up in the Shore area, living in Eatontown, Long Branch and
Allenhurst, and during
> my life Asbury has always been a place i've loved.
> I truely miss the Asbury of old. When I was a baby, I was in the
baby parade at least once
> that I can remember.

By way of introduction, I have been here since 1978, became involved
in City affairs, redevelopment meetings, founded the Historical
Society, was appointed City Historian and most recently was
excommunicated for all my efforts.

Ive probably attended more meetings than anyone alive at this time.
Would love to hear your recollections and perspective some time.

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM