--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  Well at least I got a dialog started here. All I have been reading in the
> past is how
terrible the new construction is and how long it is taking(True). My point is
simple. Asbury
(with some exceptions) has looked liked a war zone for a looooong time.
Bringing new
construction and people can only be an improvment and it should create more job
opportunites for the local residents. I didn't mean to create any verbal abuse.
I just think
everyone should appreciate that it will never be as good as our memories are.

----------------

It sounds from your post that you have very low standards for Asbury Park. I
have heard
the mantra repeatedly - 'at least they're doing something', 'something is
better then
nothing', 'we will never be as good as we were', etc, etc

Yes construction is good, but it's how that construction is directed that makes
a good or
bad project. 3000+ condos will provide little if any local employment and will
destroy the
history and cultural heritage of the City.

Construction directed toward rebuilding the traditional commercial and tourism
land uses
would serve the City in a much better way. By using, instead of abandoning, the
City's
heritage Asbury park could be BETTER then it EVER was.

Better econimically, and that is the ultimate purpose of redevelopment, to
repair a
community's damaged economy. Instead this City is catering to developers for
the benefit
of developers.

Werner