Gee, I wish Keady or Ms. Keady was still active on this board.

Wal-Mart became the largest company in America by hiring the otherwise
unemployable to sell mass-manufactured crap from China. Of COURSE it
didn't work in Germany. It won't work anywhere that people have a
societal obligation to their neighbor. Wal-Mart began in Arkansas &
mushroomed into every community that doesn't give two [EMAIL PROTECTED]@ about
its
fellow man.

To employ a worker in Germany, a company has to basically guarantee
that worker a meaningful job for life, a pension, and medical care. It
comes out to roughly $40.00 per worker per hour. What's the last
innovation that has come out of Europe? Volvo? Nestles?

Shopping at Wal-Mart is basically a zero-sum game. You get a low
price, but in return some poor guy in Malaysia is working for 30 cents
an hour, and some 70 year old is working for $5.50 to greet you as you
come in the store. Enjoy your visit, you pig.