"…a post from "mog" (man of god?)… I say he is full of
Canada Goose shit (currently a hot topic in another group)."

As a dual citizen of Canada and the US, I am perhaps overly sensitive to
the ease and frequency with which Americans belittle the `great
white north'.

Of particular note, and I suspect primary cause, the near daily bitching
about the Canada Goose (Branta Canadensis/ Bernache du Canada), which is
native to the Great Plains and due to its mimicry of the Snow
Bunting's (Plectrophenax nivalis) yen for travel combined with its
affinity for abusing the hospitality of its hosts; has become by both
residency and sheer numbers, the American Goose. The Canada (aka
American) Goose is unique in being non-migratory, in comparison to the
other subspecies; therefore so long as its adopted neighbors insist on
creating ideal habitat, lush freshly mown lawns accompanied by lakes and
ponds, and an absence of significant predation, they'll not leave.

I find this particularly ironic in light of recent fears expressed re
Mexican migration, which this government seems to think the building of
walls will rectify; to stop geese will require the addition of a roof.