--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apoojo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <sharon_b283@> wrote:
> >
> > You ARE a NEWBIE, if you don't know that I was also, on the
Wesley
> > Lake Commission, too and since you DIDn't know which BoardS I
sat on,
> > I certainly won't tell YOU!  You're right, that Madonnas sat 1
block
> > back, but I've only been there once, before they tore it down!
You're
> > so SMART. YOU figure it out! Newbie!
> >
> >gee thanks for telling me im right, newbie, babie, dont care what
yoou
> call me was just trying to be factual, as far as the wesley lake
> commission, probably not 2 people in town who could tell you whos
on it
> without looking it up, all including you deserve credit for giving
of
> your time, as far as my question which board, since you added the
s i
> guess it wasnt adjustments, if 41 years makes me a newbie so be
it,
> peace

It was the board of adjustment or zoning board from 97-99 and I
wasn't replaced at first, but eventually by an alternate.  The board
was very quiet back then, only the parties involved attended to see
if in fact they needed a variance or use change, which weren't too
many.  The most problems we had if any, were with these 501c3's
posing as churches.  Now I hear, the Zoning Board meetings are
getting as raucaus as the Council meetings.  Received a private
email, detailing how the gays hate blacks, don't want them around,
can't wait to be rid of them, etc.  These allegations were overheard
in private conversations, etc.  Don't know how true they are and I
will consider them hearsay, since I haven't experienced it, one on
one.  I've never felt any hostility from anyone Gay or otherwise in
this town, so I was taken aback by the statements.  Don't want to
rile anyone up, but what is the feelings of the Gay Community, since
I live in a traditional relationship, adult children and
grandchildren.  Do Gay people, not want Blacks around?  Do Gays cry
discrimination, while they also discriminate?  No, 41 years, do not
a newbie make.  The statements you made, made me believe that you're
either not in touch with what really goes on here, or like many
residents anywhere, consider actions that involve you, directly.  I
don't get involved in school board issues anymore, because I don't
have small children or grandkids in the school system.  I feel that
parents and those who feel their tax dollars aren't being spent on
the things that enrich children, should be involved.  I can't
understand that a small town, can't manage its' costs or programs.
Where does educational enrichment, begin?  Where is the old "love of
learning"?  Don't seem to be here, since the board and the
administration are at odds, but no one says why!  What's the real
reason for the rift?  Saw in the newspaper, that Lewis is fed up
with the board and it with him!  The kids, are the ones who suffer.
Not getting into that, because there's something else going on. I
consider a newbie, someone who hasn't been here for at least 10
years, don't know or care about anyone except, that things aren't
like where they came from and are perpetual whiners about why!
People who are familiar with how Asbury is run, know the deal and
why.  There's a lot that can be fixed but politicians being who they
are, talk a good game, while doing nothing.  Are the politicians in
this town, enriching themselves?  Who knows?