> Remember, there no law against buying tax liens. It's big business
with
> guys buying them now for upfront negative returns, depending on the
> town.
>
> Perhaps the process should be changed. Many, many of these properties
> could be marketed iwth local and national broekrages.
>
> Habitat for Humanity is a great organization, and I have seen them
get
> screwed, even though they get the land.
>
> dd

Dave, as you know I have nothing against someone trying to make a buck.
And I have said here many times that the Fishmans have every right to
try to take as much advantage as possible. The blame ALWAYS goes to the
municipality that allows them to get away with it. This city bought the
Fishmans' bill of goods all the while they were blowing smoke up their
collective asses. I'll say it again. Amatuers, novices, virgins - all
wet behind the ears. The biggest joke is that the council appointed
itself as the redevelopment authority. They should have an advisory
board made of of real estate professionals. They put their trust in
Weldon, Fishman and Aaron. Three strikes you're out.