Some of the reporting from residents on the west side indicate that
teens hanging out is a problem and they want there to be more "fear"
(for lack of a better word) of the law. I see the police (at least
on the east side) taking a very aggressive stance. I see cars pulled
over often and they aren't shy about stopping people when you call.

Whether this happens too on the west side I don't know. I guess
there always is the fear of claims of profiling, harassment, etc.
Okay these are special times. My proposition - One patrol car on
EVERY shift has the sole responsibility of traveling down EVERY
street in AP with the simple task of pinpointng hangouts, etc. The
route has to be varied so the scumbags don't have them on a
stopwatch. It can be decided whether a marked or unmarked car is
best. They reportin the trouble spots and force moves in. Move them
out. They go somewhere else, you move them again. Enforce anti-
loitering (I know there was some issue about the language of the
ordinance).

The important aspect is that you cover EVERY block CONSTANTLY and
NEVER let up on the pressure. I office per shift can handle this. We
can afford this. We CAN"T afford not to.