justifiedright

In reference to your comment:

I don't know what you teach

Two areas relevant here:

1. The Research Paper, which includes the responsibility to properly document before publishing.  (I'd recommend your retaking that course in summer school.)

2. Traditional Rhetoric, which includes analyses of rhetorical devices, logical fallacies, propaganda techniques, "spin," etc. and how they can be misused.  (For you?  Let's say a "Gentleman's 'C-.' "  An "A+" requires demonstrating ethical responsibility in using that knowledge.)

 ...but it certainly isn't  journalism.

Right.  I never taught Journalism.

As a student of journalism, however, I recall the circus of scandals in recent years regarding journalists who didn't seem to remember their courses in documentation and ethics.

http://factcheck.org/
A nonprofit service