Along the lines of intelligent discussion, I've invited Werner
Baumgartner, who consistently attends most city meetings offered to
the public, to fill us in this week on the planning board review of
Asbury Partners' latest request. I believe it's for a subdivision for
the area known as the "Triangle", which is adjacent to Asbury Tower.
  Also this week, I'd like to stimulate callers to join in a
discussion about the impetus behind the violence we're witnessing on
our streets. I'd entertain any thoughts on the source - globally as
well as locally. The student who called into my show last week talked
about teenagers feeling marginalized, not really part of the city's
redevelopment. Can such feelings contribute to violence? What about
the effects of economic pressures on family structure? Our we seeing
the results of these long-term stresses? If you know someone who
might be interested in these issues, would you please pass this email
along?
    I expect to open the show with an interview with a woman who's
planning to start her own radio show with an interesting angle.
Hope you'll tune in 88.1 FM Thursday night at 8PM.
Thanks,
Maureen Nevin, Host Asbury Radio
PS - Next week the Republicans handicap this elections' candidates.
Hoping to get some hearty Dems on as well. And we'll have a sample of
my friend's proposed radio show.