No, nice try back at you...

He is CLEARLY not talking about this individual crime, but the ROOT
CAUSE of the crime problems we are facing in AP as a whole.  You are
overtly taking two words from the entire text and inappropriately
spinning it to make it sound like something different than he clearly
both said and intended.  In fact, the closest anything in the article
gets to making the statement you claim is not Jim's words (in quotes -
 you should recognize these as an attorney) but the writer's words
preceeding his quote.

A lawyer should not be this sloppy with his facts.

The exact text from the article...

Earlier in the week City Councilman James Keady said the
shootings are not just a criminal problem but stem from social
issues.  "The roots of the problem are not criminal, they're social,"
he said.

One of the underpinning issues is poverty as well as a sense of
hopelessness among young African-American men in the city.  "It's
serious stuff," Keady said. "As a community, we've really got to
begin to address the roots of these issues."

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <asburycouple@>
> wrote:
>
> > Tom, I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Keady but based on your own post
> > below you are clearly and apparently intentionally taking his
> > statement and twisting it to suit your own agenda of attacking
> >him.
>

> Nice try again.
>
> JK can't escape (and neither can anyone else) that he said the
cause
> of the shootings was NOT CRIMINAL (nothing confusing about "not"
> or "criminal").
>
> This wasn't an offhand remark.  To further emphasize his view that
> the cause here was NOT CRIMINAL, he offered what he thought was the
> cause – it was caused by society.
>
> To further emphasize that he thought the cause was NOT CRIMINAL, he
> even gave a list of things society has done to this poor shooter,
> wit: Society has deprived him of "recreation" and a "youth job."
>
> That's what JK said.  The cause of this shooting was NOT CRIMINAL,
> but of different causes.  You take exception to my repeating that
JK