Re:

There is a tradition of writing with  a pseudonym in this country, most
famously being the Federalist  Papers.

But consider also:

from    _E-mail Etiquette  @ NetManners.com: Message Board and Forums Tips_
(http://www.netmanners.com/message-board-forum-tips.html)

 What about my right to "free speech" to say whatever I want where ever I
want? Use of any site or message board is not a right! To participate, you will

be asked to follow a few simple rules. The "freedom of speech" guaranteed by
the  U.S. Constitution that folks so willingly throw around many times to
justify  their poor behavior, only protects you from governmental intervention
in
your  right to express yourself -- it does not give you free reign to use
computer  resources, paid for by others, against the wishes of their owner.

========Original Message========     Subj: [AsburyPark] Re: Rev Kev going to
HELL!!!  Date: 12/7/2006 8:08:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time  From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)   Sent on:

Dave,

Generally yes, an offered reward becomes a contract enforceable  by the
peroson who performs the action called for by the offering  party.

Be that as it may, I find the hunt to out Rolemover less than OK.  The
Courts even recognize a person's right to post with a pseudonym
because of a fear of reprisals.

There is a tradition of writing with  a pseudonym in this country, most
famously being the Federalist  Papers.

To go after him to out him is on the order of harassing a
whistleblower or tampering with a witness.

If he or anyone else  commits an act of defamation, then that's
different, and thier identity can  be discovered by a subpeona to Yahoo
after a lawsuit is filed.

I  expect most of the board to disagree, but short of defamation, I'd
like to  respect people who wish for their identity to remain private.

Not saying  anyone else has to agree with me.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,