On 12/6/2006 at 12:39:35 P.M.  Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> At this point, I find myself  disappointed that there are no articulate
voices speaking for "The Future  Started Here" team.

And why do you suppose that there are no  articulate voices for the "Future
Team"?

I'm disappointed, but I have no answer to the question.

========Original  Message========     Subj: [AsburyPark] Re: Schlockmeister
Columns  Date: 12/6/2006 12:39:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time  From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)   Sent on:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
[EMAIL PROTECTED],  Mari

> You may recall that in the  last city election, I was a cheerleader
on your
> side of the  fence.

I won't hold that against you my friend.

> At this  point, I find myself disappointed that there are
> no articulate voices  speaking for "The Future Started Here" team.
Consider
> that, in this  group, supporters of that team and their policies
are, except for
>  you, all anonymous, far from articulate, prone to trash people
rather than
> promote ideas, and not likely to appeal to thoughtful  voters.

And why do you suppose that there are no articulate voices for
the "Future Team"?

> In Keady's essay he commented to Dan  J: "We know that you want
Asbury Park
> to be just like Berkeley,  Madison or Asheville. Something that
those towns have
> is an  independent, alternative newspaper that reports in detail on
the
>  issues that the mainstream news agencies miss. We need you to do
your part  â€"
> research issues first-hand and report."
>
> "To be  just like Berkeley, Madison or Asheville": Some of us
residents
>  savored that vision. Michael Liberatore and Dane Hall used to
represent some  of
> that writing quality at TCN. But now, especially when it features
an
> outrageously un-Christian column like the War-on-Christmas  attack
on our Chamber of
> Commerce, seems to have lost its  way.
>
> Words are important, and ideas have consequences.  Thankfully,
Asbury Park