Fred I'm calling shenanigans on those Reverends.  They are
completely wrong.

There was a prior Springwood Avenue Plan that the City wrote.  They
made it public.  When they did, people started yelling that it was
done without Community input.

To deal with that, the City dumped the plan.

Then they started to advertise that they would put together a
committee to draw up the plan.  Guess who could be on the
committee:  Anyone who wanted to be!!!!

The goal of course was to have people from the west side be on the
committee.  So, the City held two meetings at the church on
Springwood and Memorial.  Whole City was invited.

At those two meetings, Don Sammett had a big board.  He said come to
the microphone, and say what you wnat on Springwood Avenue.
Whatever anyone said, Don wrote down.

Then, it was announced: Whomever wants to be on the Committee, sign
up.  It's open admission. They even held admission open for weeks to
allow word of mouth to go around the west side and let people know
they could be on the committee. I even recruited a guy. Anyone who
wanted to be on that Committee from the West Side only had to sign
up.  23 people did.  The committee is regular folks from all over
Asbury.

When they started the meetings, Don Sammet took out those boards
that showed what the community wanted at those two meetings and
said:  Folks, here is what the people want, so we have to try and
make a plan that looks like this.

So these Reverends need to explain to me how they conlude there was
no community input.

Truth:  They weren't paying attention. Now they are being microphone
hounds, pretending to care.  Damn it I hate posers!  I'm furious
right now! They want the City to undo 13 months worth of work that
committee did because they weren't paying attention?

No way.  I wish I was there  -  I would have loved to put them in
their place.