So, Nahans in OT, while still keeping the name isn't the same family? I did not
know that.
Even so, i'm still glad to have the Nahans of the world.
Another thing that always comes to mind for me when thinking about mom and pop
business's is the Valentino family of Long Branch. They used to have 2 deli's
in town, and
when I was in college they were kind enough to let me do a project about them.
They invited
me in to their homes, to dinner...everything, and I got to see what their biz
was like from
their point of view. I remember that they gave credit to everybody in the
neighborhood, and
they had this big book that they kept their records in. One of their locations
had a pharmacy
next door, and a bakery across the street...sort of like a big grocery store,
but still seperate.
They also knew everybody by first name, and knew what you were coming to their
store for,
so they'd always have what you need in stock.