Or a small mace!  Sorry, I'm scared, too!  Being a female and all,
I'm never alone at night or I know that the area is going to be well
lit!  Don't take chances with yourself!  That's how stuff happens.
Please, please!  Just don't hang out in darkened areas!  You have no
idea how paranoid, I am!  Funny, the day before Christmas Eve, I
stopped in Ocean Grove on Main St. in the company of my husband to
eat at Subway of all places, when TJ's is just up the street.  There
were 4 people, sitting in a booth, but none were eating!  If you had
seen the stares on their faces!  It reminded me of "The Living Dead"
or one of those 50's black and white films.  3 women and 1 male, all
wierd looking from the stares they gave me and my non-chalant,
husband!  I was in the mood for hot meat-balls!  We ordered, sat down
and in walked a tall male, who did the same.  Then, a female Asbury
Park cop walked in, ordered and by then, the awesome foursome had
eaten and left!  One female in the group never sat down!  They were
wierd, looked as though they were from out of town, but they walked
away from the restaurant toward Corlies Ave,, (Hwy.33)!  They didn't
speak good english, wore dreads and all wore blue jeans and stared me
down!  I felt queasy, but was hungry, so I ate, with my 200 lb.,
husband!  So the fear is there, for me, too!  Sorry this happened to
you too!  Have the keys between your fingers.  Saw this in a safety
film at work!
Sharon