perfect!!! sell your place in asbury and move to keansburg dan.. a
perfect place for trailor trash like you...you prove over and over
that you really dont care about asbury, just your property
value...you know you thought you were gonna buy low and sell high,
well now your a bummin benny!!!

> January 21, 2007
> In the Region | New Jersey
> The Town That Would Be Hot
> By ANTOINETTE MARTIN
> KEANSBURG
>
> IT'S January, and not a bit too soon to think about property on the
> Jersey Shore. For those seeking beachfront bargains, after all,
> opportunity can be fleeting.
>
> In Long Branch two years ago, prices seemed to rise almost
instantly
> amid a wave of redevelopment. Asbury Park is still a work in
> progress, but housing prices haven't waited for the makeover of a
> derelict boardwalk neighborhood to be completed. Typical
condominiums
> in the redevelopment area there are already priced well over
> $500,000; the choicest units go for $1 million and up.
>
> Even with an overall housing market gone soft, prices in waterfront
> communities where prices have risen sharply are unlikely to sink
back
> down, according to real estate agents who specialize in such
> properties.
>
> The trick, of course, is to find the spot where prices will rise
> next. Now comes a bid from the little borough of Keansburg to be
seen
> as that about-to-be-discovered place.
>
> Keansburg, home to 11,000 year-round residents, a small amusement
> park and a boardwalk beach on Raritan Bay, has tumbled into a
fairly
> sorry state, even its partisans acknowledge.
>
> It was established as a shoreline getaway even before the Garden
> State Parkway was built in 1957, and some Jerseyans, and even New
> Yorkers, still visit Keansburg and nearby Sandy Hook out of
> longstanding tradition.
>
> But with its beachfront area now populated mainly by fish-fry
places,
> arcades, billiard parlors and a group of run-down apartment
> buildings, the median house value in Keansburg was put below
$100,000
> in the most recent census. The median household income was $36,383
in
> 2000 — and probably has not risen substantially since then,
according
> to local officials.
>
> A large majority of the housing stock — primarily small wood-frame
> homes — is more than 50 years old.
>
> Several years ago, borough officials took stock and decided all
that
> had to change, according to Terence Wall, who was appointed borough
> manager in 2005.
>
> "The borough has embarked on a campaign to bulldoze blight," said
Mr.
> Wall, who is beginning a speaking tour at area Chambers of Commerce
> to publicize Keansburg's intention to metamorphose and attract new
> businesses.
>
> "We are a borough pulling itself up by its bootstraps," Mr. Wall
> added, with gusto. "If Horatio Alger was the name of a town, it
would
> be Keansburg."
>
> Mr. Wall suggested that Keansburg offers "a place near New York
City,
> [...]
> swath of land along the shore for redevelopment.
>
> "We are committed to the scalpel approach," Mr. Wall explained, "in
> which we carve out specific parcels for redevelopment, but pursue
> overall revitalization by including the existing property owners,
and
> providing them the opportunity to propose their own ideas for rehab
> and upgrade."
>
> This is true for both commercial and residential property,
according
> to the manager. So far, several very small condominium buildings
have
> been built along the beachfront road; a block of storefront space
is
> being rehabbed; and groundbreaking is planned within the next
several
> weeks for a 48-unit condo project.
>
> A sales trailer is already set up on the beach for the project, to
be
> called Harbor Lights on the Bayshore, a three-building complex to
be
> built by the Kalian Companies of Red Bank. The project is designed
> introduce a new elegance to Keansburg, according to Alton Evans,
> Kalian's vice president for sales and marketing, with sophisticated
> architecture and an array of upscale amenities, including an
outdoor
> pool with cabana.
>
> Prices for 1,773-square-foot two-bedroom units at Harbor Lights
will
> start in the low to mid-$400,000s. Twelve penthouses, occupying the
> fourth floors of the buildings, and offering 1,940 square feet with
> an upper loft and roof terrace, are priced in the high $500,000s.
>
> All units above the first floor will have views of Raritan Bay
across
> to Staten Island and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, Mr. Evans noted.
>
> Promotional material for the project notes the attractions of
nearby
> shore towns like Red Bank and Holmdel: chic clubs, shopping,
seafood
> and specialty restaurants, live music at Count Basie Theater in Red
> Bank, well-known entertainers at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel. It
> also proclaims nearby ferry service to Manhattan, which is only 20
> miles away; quick access to the Garden State Parkway; and train,
> light rail and bus service.
>
> The borough is also formulating plans for a new marina, which would
> give residents the added amenity of pleasure boating.
>
> Meanwhile, it is continuing with a beefed-up housing code
enforcement
> program to rid the borough of "deadbeat and absentee" landlords, he
> said.
>
> It has also been awarded state financing for a pilot program aimed
at
> desalination. Saltwater intrusion into freshwater systems is a
common
> problem in shoreline towns, he said, and only Keansburg and Cape
May