Oh, that sucks!  Maureen, I don't know the answer, but many of us on
this board, "know" people, who "know", people and can "call" in, a
favor, if you know what I mean.  That "just driving by", didn't sit
well, with me and I believe someone, "dropped a dime", on you.  Boy,
are YOU, ever a threat!  You're one of the "tiniest" petite, women, I
know and if YOU'RE a threat, we're ALL, in trouble!  Shaking my head,
in disbelief!  Wish I were on the zoning, board, now.  I'd like to be
a "fly" on the wall!  Good Luck!  Will be praying, my "eyeballs", out,
for you!  "Beads, don't fail me, now"!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks for asking about Asbury Radio.
> Rather than repeat the whole litany, suffice to say an FCC rep
claimed to be
> "just driving by" 601 Bangs and noticed the antenna on the roof -
how many
> feet up is that anyway? (we were on the 7th floor) didn't look
right. So he went
> up there. He returned to the building, under the guise of being a
cable guy
> (more strangeness) and pulled the plug on WYGG. It's important to
note that WYGG
> had been situated at 601 Bangs for more than 6 yrs.
> So the FCC guy tells WYGG it has to move, because the building is
too high
> for the antenna height afforded by its license as a 100 watt
station. The
> station had been operating powered down to 50 watts, to compensate
for the extra
> height, which I understood to be a compliance measure by the station.
> Now in it new location on Asbury Ave, the station's antenna is said
to be too
> low. (There's probably a fairy tale or fable to fit this scenario,
but none
> comes to mind at the moment.) So they issue the temporary permit to
WYGG to
> allow it to resume. BUT the station must now obtain approvals from
the city to
> raise the antenna, which Andre Willis says requires zoning board
approval. For
> those who don't know or don't remember, Mr. Willis is the same city
official
> who swore out a warrant for my arrest for photographing - instead of
purchasing
> photocopies - of the blue prints for the Paramount Homes'
development, North
> Beach.
> Mr. Willis later withdrew his objections and wrote an apology, which
I hope