Let's just end this nonsense. I've never seen someone more laughably
off-base than Mike with his be-all end-all doom and gloom conspiracy
theories. Whatever he thinks he knows about AP politics is all well
and good, but it has nothing to do with what happened to WYGG. There
really is no mystery to this, if you people would stop typing and go
look for the truth in front of your faces. The sad thing is, I don't
think anyone here really has the station's interests in mind. You're
just either bashing the FCC, politicians, or arguing amongst each
other
in some kind of childish word-play, I-know-more-than-you game. Why
doesn't someone go do some real investigating and find some hard
facts? Think about it.

If anyone wants to know what happened with WYGG and the FCC, why
doesn't someone ask the station exactly what they were doing wrong. I
am an area resident in the broadcast business, and some of you are
asking the wrong questions. The FCC does not need a reason to inspect
a broadcast station; they do random, unannounced, unsolicited
inspections all the time. There's usually no complaint. They are
looking for technical violations, public file, main studio rule
violations, stuff like that. An FCC inspector has never, ever shut
down
licensed broadcast stations based on content or some political
reasons. If they did, that would be some pretty bad press, and the
station would likely make a big stink about that. I don't know much
about the political situation in AP, and don't think the FCC really
cares about that at all. Also, I don't see any official notice that
the FCC shut down the station. About the station not receiving any
official notice, if you haven't noticed, the FCC these days seems to
take a really long time to issue their fines, sometimes more than a
year. From what I can see, for minor violations, FCC issues violation
notices routinely within a month or two. The more serious stuff with a
monetary fine takes much longer to issue. Maybe it's lack of manpower,
or they just can't decide what they want to do.

Ask WYGG if they themselves requested special temporary authority to
go
silent in November. Ask them why a broadcast station would ever want
to go silent if everything was OK.

Ask them if they feel stupid, after notices and fines in 2002, (they
are public documents posted on the web) to continue operating with an
antenna at 601 Bangs Avenue, at a height of approx. 44 meters instead
of the authorized 14 meters. Ask them if it could be to illegally
increase their coverage area from a couple of mile radius to at least
20 miles?) Ask them if they thought that illegally covering so much
area could cause interference to another station on 88.1.

Ask them if they feel stupid to also continue operating at the wrong
coordinates (wrong place) for all these years after a fine.

Ask them if they lowered their power like someone said they did to
account for that height. Ask them also if they ever received
authorization to raise height and lower power.

Ask them if they had previously operated without required, potentially
life-saving EAS equipment for several years. Ask how they expected
their listeners to get important emergency alerts or weather alerts
with no EAS.

Ask them if they ran a station for years without any public inspection
file. Ask them what they told members of the public who asked to, and
have the right to check their public records.

Ask them if their antenna was a radio frequency radiation (RFR)
hazard,
by being mounted so close to the roof surface, and if so, why they
certified on their 2006 renewal application that their was no RFR
hazard? Ask them if they thought about workers on the roof that might
be exposed to high levels of RFR.

Ask them if the real station owner had a history of pirate operation
in
the New York area.

Ask them if they consider themselves really lucky to have continued to
operate for years at much too high a height, wrong coordinates, and
with other serious violations, with FCC fines thrown in, or did they
have some political pull of their own that allowed them to get away
with operating like that for so long.

Ask them why, as a non-commercial station, they had groups on the air
that ran commercials. Ask them if they charged a fee to run these
spots.

Ask them if they now want to abide by the terms of their license like
most other broadcasters do, or embarrasingly continue to look like
a "pirate" station with a license.

Ask them why they moved to a new location and if they are already back
on the air with a Special temporary authority, and how they managed
this if all the AP politicians and the FCC and even George "W" are
involved in a conspiracy to shut this station down because of
something
political.

Ask them if they have a station engineer.

Ask them to do the right thing so that they can serve the community
properly like I believe they want to.

Larry M.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I found out about it from Maureen's site when I tuned in and the
station was off the air. That is when I started looking into it.

>   People like you are one of the reasons the city is in the shape
it is in. Further more I don't care what you think.

<tvnetdude2000@>
> wrote:
> >
> >I didn't say anything about the antenna, I was just calliing you a
> liar.
>
> Hey Fred did you see the station's antenna? Did you see the other
> 1000 watts antennas on the same block?
> >
> > Fred <asburydogma@> wrote: --- In
> AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <tvnetdude2000@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > You said you didn't talk to anybody about the stations problem
but
> > Maureen said she DID talked to you about it. I guess you forgot
> about
> > that.
> >
> > There was no insinuation, there were however responses that
jumped
> > their defense.
> > >
> > > 2fine4u <sharon_b283@> wrote: I don't see where anyone
> > has said it was the Council! You're
> > > insinuating it, or taking a guess? Did I miss something?
> > >
> > > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <tvnetdude2000@>

> it
> > > because if they had an inclination towards this they would have
> done
> > > something long ago. To be honest I think they would have tried
> > > approach this on a local level.

> something
> > > to do with this. This wasn't done by commitee. This didn't just
> > happen
> > > it never has in the past. Yes it did in this case but why? For
> what
> > > reason? What did they do it?

> > > (Federal Law Enforcement) coming in and taking your car. You
> didn't
> > > violate any laws, and you never heard from them again with no
> > explanation.

> too
> > > and I don't want to get into a discussion about the Patriot Act.

> > > <tvnetdude2000@>

> Not
> > conclusions.

> it