If a child attends a Title I school that has been designated by the
state to be in need of improvement or unsafe, parents can choose to
send the child to another public school. Districts must let parents
know each year if their child is eligible to transfer to another
school, and districts must give parents at least two transfer schools
to choose from. Additionally districts must pay for students'
transportation costs, giving priority to low-income, low-achieving
students if there are not enough funds available to pay for all
students.

At the last board meeting when a parent asked about sending their
child to another school based on the No child left behind act.

As quoted by the commissioner
"The Dept. of Education can not force other school district to take
on students from Asbury Park it has to be by choice of the other
school district"

So if what your saying about the students from Avon and the various
other towns in the AP district is true.  If my child was in AP High
school and I wanted to send my child to Red Bank Regional I should
have no problem or once again is it a set criteria?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM