Two Points:
1. At least the partners don't need to waste time getting permits.
ie: 1100 Ocean Ave. construction. If they do have valid permits, as
they say; why would they not be required to post them in public view?

2. Watch how much credence you put in the words of Terry Reidy. I
know that the rest of you want to think that I,m being dishonest, I
can't change your minds. But Reidy, and Kinmon know in their hearts
what they told me. Doubtful they'll never admit it though.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So the story of the day is restaurant plans for HoJo moving ahead.
> After I got through fuming at the fact that most of the maneuvers
of late,
> before the council as well, have been to force down the throats of
the planning
> board a plan to rehab the lower level of the 5th Ave pavilion in
slap-dab
> scenario, I realized the bigger issue.
> At the last planning board meeting I said that I thought the push
for the
> quick and dirty rehab was an effort on Asbury Partners to woo MM
into signing
> their contract. But it seems now that MM, having given up on the
Partners
> fullfilling their contractual obligations to the City, has joined
their chorus in
> asking the planning board for the same makeshift-style rehab.
> Once again, time is of the essence. Hurry, hurry, no time to
deliberate or
> get us to go with what we've agreed to do in the past  - what we're
contracted, o
> bligated to do. Just give us this break now and we'll love you for
it later.
> We'll make you happy wait and see. Where have I heard that one?
> Back to the article. The Big Issue is that there isn't any
restaurant deal
> sealed yet. Thank you Nancy for making that clear.
> It's March in two days. Not only is it impossible to do any decent
rehab by
> Memorial Day - well if you were really committed and didn't mind
double
> spending to make it happen... Sure, Fishman has spared no expense
so far...
> But what legitimate restauranteur is going to commit now to
breaking their
> necks to install and have staffed and operational a new restaurant,
built to
> someone else's directions and specifications, by Memorial Day? How
can they
> commit to open in a space they haven't even seen? I'm not talking
about a shell - a
> workable environment that they don't have to adapt at all! Would
anyone on
> this board take such a chance?
> So I can only assume that this is not about opening a restaurant.
It's about
> letting Asbury Partners do that slipshod job they've always
intended to do.
> This is about keeping Asbury Partners from missing their deadline
and being held
> to their obligation to open a restaurant there by Memorial Day or
be in
> default. It's always a big hurry - the budget won't balance unless
we sell them
> this now... Remember that one? How about, "Hurry, no you can't ask
any more
> questions the planner has to fly back to Florida now."
> Well, you know what? We can take our time and find our own
restauranteur and
> designer/builder and produce a very nice restaurant ourselves with
the space
> we take back from the Partners for default and the fine they have
to pay us.
> Planning Board - stick to your guns. Matt Berman - you were so
right, don't
> buckle now. Terry Reidy, you said it like it is. The plan didn't
make sense.
> Don't rush folks, cause it won't be done to satisfaction anyway.
We've waited

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM