I want to understand how you'd expect that the wrong people already
in charge would be in a position to somehow elicit the right people.
The right people will probably tell you (if they ever sign on) that
it's an unreaklistic time frame. But I'm sure they'll find someone to
say it's realistic; then we'll end up with another season of the OPEN
(CLOSED) Hojos

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> It is completely possible to rehab the 1st floor in time for
summer.  With the right people it could be done.  This email is
almost as good as Dan's MM update.  Should be saved and in 3 months
reviewd.

of late, before the council as well, have been to force down the
throats of the planning board a plan to rehab the lower level of the
5th Ave pavilion in slap-dab scenario, I realized the bigger issue.
> At the last planning board meeting I said that I thought the push
for the quick and dirty rehab was an effort on Asbury Partners to woo
MM into signing their contract. But it seems now that MM, having
given up on the Partners fullfilling their contractual obligations to
the City, has joined their chorus in asking the planning board for
the same makeshift-style rehab.
> Once again, time is of the essence. Hurry, hurry, no time to
deliberate or get us to go with what we've agreed to do in the past  -
 what we're contracted, obligated to do. Just give us this break now
and we'll love you for it later. We'll make you happy wait and see.
Where have I heard that one?
> Back to the article. The Big Issue is that there isn't any
restaurant deal sealed yet. Thank you Nancy for making that clear.
> It's March in two days. Not only is it impossible to do any decent
rehab by Memorial Day - well if you were really committed and didn't
mind double spending to make it happen... Sure, Fishman has spared no
expense so far...
> But what legitimate restauranteur is going to commit now to
breaking their necks to install and have staffed and operational a
new restaurant, built to someone else's directions and
specifications, by Memorial Day? How can they commit to open in a
space they haven't even seen? I'm not talking about a shell - a
workable environment that they don't have to adapt at all! Would
anyone on this board take such a chance?
> So I can only assume that this is not about opening a restaurant.
It's about letting Asbury Partners do that slipshod job they've
always intended to do. This is about keeping Asbury Partners from
missing their deadline and being held to their obligation to open a
restaurant there by Memorial Day or be in default. It's always a big
hurry - the budget won't balance unless we sell them this now...
Remember that one? How about, "Hurry, no you can't ask any more
questions the planner has to fly back to Florida now."
> Well, you know what? We can take our time and find our own
restauranteur and designer/builder and produce a very nice restaurant
ourselves with the space we take back from the Partners for default
and the fine they have to pay us.
> Planning Board - stick to your guns. Matt Berman - you were so
right, don't buckle now. Terry Reidy, you said it like it is. The
plan didn't make sense. Don't rush folks, cause it won't be done to
satisfaction anyway. We've waited this long for results. We'll wait
to get it done right.

free from AOL at http://www.aol. com.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM