It already happened, people came in '05, saw it wasn't ready (and
won't be for some time), and stayed away in '06. I was there, I
witnessed the decrease in foot traffic on the boards. Don't be
surprised if there is a lack of publicity, because there is a lack of
viable business. In the name of consistency, the developers will
still not do it right; but are probably already to taking this season
on the chin. Let's hope it's in the interest of rehabilitating things
to make the '08 season viable.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "What about the general lack of publicity about this upcoming
summer in general.
> I'd like to think that some kind've PR would be appropriate about
everything that is
> "happening" in AP."
>
>   i think its too soon to do any form of marketing.  someone else
said this awhile back too, but not sure who.  market what?  theres
nothing there.  you want to attrack people to teh beachfront, for
what?  people know there are things being built, and changes in
effect.  they read about it in the pappers, or online, so they come
to check things out.  this message group alone gives people a reason
to come see whats going on.  you need to market developers, and other
partys about asbury park.  give them ideas on what can be built, or
what could be done.  you dont really want people coming here in the
way i think you mean.  theyd come here, walk the boardwalk, and
leave!  the things that do exist on the beachfront people already
know about.