> I want a refund.
>
> May 19, 1974....ASBURY PARK - This city, once a leading summer
resort, began its 100th
> birthday celebration last night by memorializing the past and
preparing for the future.

> JJ, help me with the math. 74+33 = 107.
>
> Maybe the folks at disney came up with this, cause I think I got
screwed there also. They
> celebrated for a few years.
>
> Werner?

1871 - James A. Bradley purchases property and begins development of
what he names Asbury Park

1874 - A Borough is formed with a governing body of 7 members -
Bradley is in charge

1897 - A City is formed - "incoprporated" under State Statutes -
with a governing body of 5 commissioners.

So, take your pick as to anniversary date - The real one to me is
when Asbury Park was created and named - 1871

We could certainly have many parties:

2011 - 140 years
2014 - 140 years
2017 - 120 years
2021 - 150 years
2024 - 150 years
2027 - 130 years
2031 - 160 years
2037 - 140 - Under the "we have 30 years to redevelop" philosophy
Asbury Park's beacfront should be finishing just about then.

Werner