I know people try to use the public trash cans because they are always
full.

The guys at the hardware store have to clean up the spill over all the
time.

I don't have a car so I walk Main st from house to train and I see
every trash can is full and spilling over.

Plus there aren't enough trash cans.  There isn't one on the corner of
Fourth and Main at all.  The convenience store owners have a trash can
indoors but kids buy candy and get outside before they unwrap it.

For an experiment I put a trash can I didn't need by the side of the
store.  I put cinderblocks in the bottom to keep it from blowing away.

A couple of days later it was about 1/2 full of little candy wrappers.