--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Anyone attend the ZB last night ?
>
> Werner

Werner-
Here is some of the testimony from Tuesday night:

The former chief of police of Morristown who now lives down here
applauded the shelter.  Similiar to the testimony of the current
chief of police in Morristown who gave testimony a couple weeks ago.
They have many more problems coming out of the bars and gangs in
Morristown than they do at the Mission.

There were also a couple former homeless AP men who spoke.  One who
went to Morristown for help because he couldn't get the help he
needed here in AP.   Both men have their lives together now thanks to
shelters.

Father Bill of Holy Spirit spoke about coming together to help solve
the problem of homelessness and making these men part of our
community.

Several residents talked about their reasons for moving to AP and
they want to keep the town a mixed population:  black/white,
rich/poor, gay/straight, renter/home-owner.    Since AP isn't
creating more affordable housing, we are just continuing to force
more people into homelessness.

SUFA said that they are not against the homeless shelter just against
some of the policies.  So we'll just work on changing some of the
policies. However, unless we turn AP into federal property, the
Mission is not allowed to perform background checks.  And say they
could?  What should we do with a AP man who may be an ex-con who is
living under the boardwalk?