Do you really think there's not a parking problem now?

Cookman Ave on most nights is packed and hard to find spaces. Ocean Ave during special events is packed and hard to find spaces. I've seen events at Convention Hall take up nearly every space until the Stone Pony lot (and some there as well).

Sure there's no parking problem if nothing is going on. If ANYTHING is taking place, there's a problem. And if I was a restaurant owner on Cookman I'd think there was a problem because I imagine many people deciding against eating in town when they can't find a space.

Asbury Park needs more parking garages - and garages open ALL NIGHT not just for business hours. Garages are what makes it easy to go out to eat in places like New Brunswick (which has at least 5 main garages). Princeton has at least 3-4 garages as well. Red Bank only has 1-2 garages but has more parking lots than most towns so they get away with it.