The point, is, how fast, technology, in this case, becomes, obsolete!
 When these innovations were produced, THEY, were the NEXT, "Big
Thing", as they are commonly called!  I worked in the R&D field, for
over 20 years and surprised at how many here, are either engineers,
marketers and end users, as they say, in the business!  What, you have
no memories?  If anyone in this group, remembers "Pong", you know what
I'm talking about!  Pong, was the very first electronic game, that was
massed produced!  Atari, IntelliVision and Super Mario Brothers,
followed!  An analogy of AP can parallel, what I've just said; AP -
Old, established, religious camp settlement, pretty much, like Ocean
Grove.  A plact to "take the air" and worship!  Segregated, bigoted,
whatever you wish to call it, because people, of a darker hue, could
only "work" there, not "live" there.  A class and racial system, still
practiced to this day, in theory, if not actual!  A phenomenon or
movement, dubbed, "regentrification", occurs, when long neglected
urban centers, done so, due to "white flight", occured, in the 60's,
taking the jobs, factories, etc., to the suburbs, rendering the school
systems, "integrated" by the 1954, Brown vs. the Board decree, still
leaving the schools, predominantly black/hispanic/poor, to furthur
deteriorate, either from overfunding of suburban schools, resulting in
your "Abbott", districts of today, that no matter how much money, you
throw at a problem, the problem, remains, unresolved!  Due to
inflation, city and suburban dwellers, have the means, to take "old
and deteriorated" properties and refurbish them, commonly called,
regentrification, which pushes the poor and underserved to be "moved
out", in favor of this "new money"!  Minorities, like me, can opt to
stay or move away, because I can!  Any questions?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what is the point of these posts?  Maybe to say that comes a time to
let things go?  Sometime new is better no matter how much you liked
the old.