On Jun 5, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Hinge wrote:

> Gary,
> I give you permission to ignore the jackass who feels it's
> important to put you down here.
> I have a feeling it's somebody we know using a different name...

The person felt so strong about this that he sent me a personal email
where he says things like:

1) I've never lived in Asbury
(that's true, I've only lived between 3 miles and 12 miles of Asbury
my whole life)

2) You were never part of the music scene here till about 2 years ago.
(it's funny when people like to think that... truth is I go back to
1986.  I have no reason to put up a resume but it's funny how people
who supposedly think they "know" want to believe that I just showed
up rather than grew up in this area.   I don't even characterize
myself as part of the scene.  I'm a writer that writes about the
local scene among other things.  I don't claim to be an expert on
this or virtually anything.  I do, however, believe that music
tourism was practically gift wrapped to this town and the town failed
and still fails to see just how easy it would be to make music
tourism thrive for Asbury.

3) Nobody really cares what any of you (all 8 of you) on this board
thinks or says.
(and yet, apparently, he does care because he keeps coming back)

He then tries asking simple questions to "test" my music history.
Did I go to the Warped Tour, the WNEW shows, or have I ever seen
Bruce live at the Stone Pony.

*************
What I don't understand is what is the fascination that Asbury Park
people have with ONLY having long-time Asbury residents have a say in
anything?  Sure I don't live in town (although I have worked in town
and run a business in town) but these people don't want to listen to
home owners who haven't been in Asbury longer than a decade or so.
And others don't care what you say unless your parents lived in
Asbury or you're 3rd generation Asbury.

Doesn't that seem kind of ridiculous to you?  Maybe if they didn't
try so hard to restrict ideas from the outside world the city
wouldn't be in the state it is today.