I'm amazed by the Press' reaction to this MM deal with Asbury Partners. The
editorial board interview was a cream puff job. No financials -- again!! The
only way to be confident of the partnership is to know what they're in for - a
dime or a dollar. What's the commitment? Is there an out clause? Do we get to
see this contract - ever?
And, why should it cost AP anything?????
Can you say Breach of Contract? Does anyone recall the Dispute Resolution
Agreement?
Isn't this allowing the Partners to dodge another commitment and more
deadlines? Tell me where it's not so.
Another round of negotiating is necessary, says Bruno. Another round of
private - out of the public eye talk among the principals - who don't include
you
or me. This basically allows the City to acquiesce instead of pressing its
rightful legal position with the Partners. Now the City will be one more entity
removed from enforcing its rights. Gees, only a lawyer like Faiella could feel
comfortable plunging into a tangled web like this one. Oh, that's right,
Faiella is the Partners' lawyer.
What did the editorial board story say, Lamle is a 50% partner? Lamle? We
know that Cherokee is a 50% partner. So who's out of the game? Or is the Press
just playing loose with the facts again? As in oh they declined to discuss the
financial end of this reportedly $150 million investment. The financials are
the story!!!
How does the City enforce its interests in this deal if it's between the
Partners and MM?
Sure I'm glad somebody got out there and cleaned up and prettied up the 5th
Av pavilion and opened businesses there. What's not to like? But this city
isn't a little girl to be told, "Don't look a gift horse in the face." This is
just the time when we should be looking that horse straight in the eye.
As we used to say, we've been down so long anything looks like up. But this
is just the time to be most wary.
Just tell me why the city is giving anything up now. We've got a signed deal
- two signed deals. Why should we make a third? Isn't it allowing the Partners
to square the deal with MM? If so, the City is giving the Partners the
equivalent of millions to give to MM in order to buy the Partners’ way out of
their
hole with the City.
Well?
Maureen

Maureen Nevin
Asbury Radio -"The Radio Voice of Asbury Park"
88.1FM - "6" Years on the Air!!
Asbury's Own Live Talk Show_mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
Listen Live or Later on the Web _http://www.asburyradio.com/_