I'm sorry if I upset you. I apologize.
I'm just still feeling upset by this mornings events.
I just hope that somehow, somebody will be able to turn this city
around. All the $ and work that is going into redevelopment means
nothing considering how people view our city. Yesterdays article in
the APP about the most recent murder was accompanied by over 80
comments from people who were basically trashing the city and spewing
some of the most vile racist remarks that i've seen in quite awhile.
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > Guess what Werner...I live a block away from the park.
> > What makes that park any less significant then the things you care
about?
> > I have to look at it every single day. It is a beautiful park,
worthy of preservation. In fact,
> > it's in much better condition then most of the places you have
been fighting for, which I
> > completely respect you for.
> > The social dynamics you mention should be the NUMBER ONE issue
that this city is
> dealing
> > with. All the redevelopment in the world won't make a difference
until that changes.

> Your making a gross and incorrect assumption  .. I made no comment
indicating the park
> was not significant... I wrote that the project was premature
considering the social
> dynamics of the area.
>
> Which is exactly the same issue you are addressing.
>
> Don't insult me by asserting that I only care about "parts' of
Asbury Park. In the context of