I loved our city this weekend. Actually, my weekend started Thursday night with
a nice dog
walk then bike ride. During my dog walk, I came upon a brass band concert on
the
boardwalk, where my dog stole a little bit of the attention away from the
music. After that, I
took a bike ride from the north beach all the way to spring lake and back.
What I just began noticing is how much I like the new lighting in the beach
area. It's a nice
color, sort of like moonlight. I also noticed some people picnicing on the
grass in the new
traffic islands near the Stone Pony, which is something i've never noticed
before. Good
example of "build it and they will come"
I really like the new businesses on the boardwalk in the  pavillion near CH.
The whole vibe
there was great. I also noticed that the police are being very tolerant with
the bicyclists,
chosing to tell us cyclists not to ride on the boardwalk only when there is
peak pedestrian
traffic. I like that, and it makes sense.
I did notice some of the things Werner mentioned, but to be honest I was so
happy to see the
area full of life that it really didn't matter to me. People were in AP having
a good time.